Father of man found dead in Michael Barrymore's pool backs judge's decision that could block star's £2.4million compo

The father of the man found dead in Michael Barrymore’s pool backs a judge’s decision that could block a £2.4million compo payout to the star.

Essex Police can now appeal last year’s finding that Barrymore is due “more than nominal” damages after an unlawful arrest on suspicion of murdering Stuart Lubbock.

Stuart’s father Terry, 72, said: “This is great news. I’ve been crossing my fingers about this one and had dearly hoped that the police would win the case. The police have had a result and the ball is still in court. I don’t want Barrymore to get any money.”

Terry Lubbock doesn’t want Barrymore to receive any money
(Image: Phil Harris/Daily Mirror)

The star was arrested in 2007 on suspicion of the rape and murder of Stuart, 31, found in the pool at his Roydon home in 2001.

Barrymore wants loss of earnings.

Mr Justice Stuart-Smith said: “There have been suggestions that the judgement I gave rests on a technicality. In my view nothing could be further from the truth.”

A police spokesman said: “On January 4 Essex Police was granted leave to appeal in this case. We have no further comment to make at this time.”

Comments

comments

Click here to Read from the source

x

Check Also

Venezuela: Maduro ready to stand in early presidential poll

Venezuela’s pro-government Constituent Assembly has ordered fresh elections before the end of April. President Nicolas ...

Shares