Top bodyguard suspects Princess Diana was 'bumped off' because of 'ludicrous' Ritz security breach

A top former bodyguard working at Princess Diana’s hotel on the night she died suspects she was ‘bumped off’ after “ludicrous” security breach.

Alan McGregor, who retired from the Saudi Secret Service five years ago, has revealed a mystery bellboy drove the princess’s car minutes before it crashed.

He says the vehicle was left unattended at the building’s back entrance – an area which was not secure or manned by proper agents.

The 68-year-old claims Diana was treated “like she was anyone” and there is “no way” Henri Paul , an unqualified driver, should have been allowed to ferry her around.

The Ritz Hotel in Paris
The Ritz Hotel in Paris
(Image: Rex)
Princess Diana
Princess Diana and Dodi al-Fayed wait at the rear service exit of the Ritz Hotel
(Image: Reuters)

Princess Diana was staying at The Ritz, in Paris, on the night of her fatal car crash.

Alan told the Sun : “The night she died my wife woke up to tell me the news.

“My first response was ‘I’m not surprised’.

“I’d seen so many breaches in her security at that hotel and strange goings-on it was bound to happen sooner or later.

“The security that night was ludicrous.”

Alan was tasked with protecting the nation’s royals at the hotel in the months leading up to Diana’s death on August 31, 1997.

He believes an alleged plot to kill the princess could have been “six months in the making” as security staff feared a car crash over any other eventuality.

Diana, Princess of Wales
(Image: PA)

He claims The Ritz had its own pool of personnel and limousines, plus licensed limousine chauffeurs.

Alan believes the very fact Henri Paul was behind the wheel is more than a “tragic coincidence”.

The initial French judicial investigation concluded that the accident was caused by Paul’s drunken loss of control of the car.

But Alan claims Paul “wasn’t a drinker at all”.

He says what happened that night “doesn’t add up”.

Diana arriving for a charity gala in 1996
(Image: PA)

In February 1998, Mohamed Al-Fayed, owner of the Paris Ritz where Paul had worked, publicly maintained that the crash had been planned, accusing MI6 and the Duke of Edinburgh.

An inquest in London starting attributed the accident to grossly negligent driving by Paul and to the pursuing paparazzi.

On 7 April 2008, the jury returned a verdict of “unlawful killing”.

The day following the final verdict of the inquest, Al-Fayed announced he would end his 10-year campaign to establish that it was murder rather than an accident, stating that he did so for the sake of the princess’s children.

Comments

comments

Click here to Read from the source

x

Check Also

Brexit: Davis urges Brussels rethink on holding withdrawal and trade talks at same time

Brexit Brexit secretary argues talks so far prove it is impossible to settle withdrawal issues ...

Shares