- We went to a Wimpy restaurant in London.
- Wimpy was a very popular fast food chain in the UK.
- That was until McDonald’s entered the market in 1974.
- There used to be 500 chains in the 1970s.
- Now there are less than 80 around the country.
We went to one of the few remaining Wimpy restaurants in London.
Wimpy was first introduced to the UK in 1954 and became one of the most popular fast food chains in the country.
The chain was famous for some of its menu items such as the Wimpy Burger and the Bender in a Bun.